Monday, October 22, 2012

Glitter sandwich

Hey dolls! Sorry for the delays in posting. I’ve been out working, and buying nail polish of course. Now I have about 16 new nail polishes I need to swatch and review. Yay more posts. Anyway, I’ve become pretty obsessed with the indie jelly nail polish looks. It’s pretty hard to find a name brand nail polish thats a colored jelly glitter polish like this : http://tanejasbride.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/alkisses-e1341769119699.jpg?w=692 So i went out to try a find a way to make it look like I was wearing an indie and then I realized I could just do a glitter “sandwich”, layering the glitter polish over a color and putting a milky coat on top. So off I went searching. I went to duane reade because they allow you to test certain polishes on your finger. I found one called Frappe by nailtini but at $13 for a nail art sized bottle I wasn’t feeling too okay with buying it since I knew I would be using it a lot. So off I went to the wet n wild section because that polish NEVER lets me down. Looking through the new line that I’ve seen appear in recent months, I picked up a color called 2% Milk and though usually you cant test the wet n wild polishes I did one quick coat on a test nail and knew this polish was perfect for what I needed. and without further ado, here’s the polishes I used.
The base coat is by soo nails. It’s a calcium base coat. The top coat is by NK and it’s called express. It’s a fast dry top coat that dries like essie’s good to go so I’m so smitten by it, 2% milk by wet n wild and Tazmanian Devil by Confetti.
image
Here’s a lovely macro shot of Tazmanian Devil by confetti. It’s a really gorgeous glitter. It goes on without any application issues and the glitters lay flat.
image
  I started with a base coat. Let it dry completely and applied 2 coats of 2% milk. After those dried I layered on 2 coats of tazmanian devil and let those dry. Then I applied a very thin coat 2% milk again over my glitter. I sealed it all in with 2 coats of NK express and I was good to go. This design is also work friendly since the thin coat of polish over the glitter dulls it down a bit and makes it look not so flashy. I love the look and had no application issues with any of my polishes and 2% milk has this awesome pro-brush tip that helps you cover without getting messy.
image
image
image
image
I can definitely see myself wearing this polish design a lot. It’s cute and simple. And 2% milk is an amazing nude-ish color that I find actually compliments my skin tone so even by itself it’s a gorgeous polish and I know I will be picking up more bottles of it. At $1.99 you can’t go wrong. 2% milk and Tazmanian devil ran me $3.98 before tax and NK express was $1.00. For around $5 bucks I got a pretty cute mani. Don’t you agree ? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment